National Board of Directors Nominations
Alliance for Women in Media (AWM): For more than 60 years, AWM has served as the voice and resource for women in the media. Founded in 1951, AWM has been a leader in celebrating and honoring programming created for, by and about women, as well as individuals who have made exemplary contributions to the industry.
The opportunity to apply for the AWM Board of Directors will be available again in November 2021. This is a way to promote progress and create positive change for women in all forms of media as well as to give back to the industry that you serve. You are eligible to nominate yourself or recommend others for the AWM National Board of Directors.
Thank you to the generous time and effort given by the 2021 Nominating Committee including:
- Christine Travaglini, President, Katz Radio Group
- Keisha Sutton-James, President, Sutton Button Productions
- Heather Cohen, SVP, The Weiss Agency
- Michelle Duke, President, NAB Leadership Foundation and Chief Diversity Officer, NAB
- Sarah Foss, Chief Information Officer, Entercom
- Josie Thomas, former EVP and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, CBS
- Valerie Blackburn, Founder, VKB Consulting
- Anne Cowan, Consultant, Informed Engagement Network
Please keep the following recommendations in mind when applying:
- All candidates must be AWM active members. Active membership includes the payment of $149/per year. Not a member? Join Now
- Directors serve on the National Board for a minimum of a two-year term and are eligible for reelection one time, for a total of two two-year terms. Officers (Chair, Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, Treasurer, Treasurer-Elect) serve for a one-year term.
- Nominations for board appointment should highlight the candidate’s proven understanding of and commitment to the mission of AWM.
- Nominees should be well-informed about board roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Nominees should understand and agree to the code of ethics, standard of conduct and conflict of interest policy and give and get policies.
- Nominees should be able to fulfill the requirements expected including serving a minimum two-year term.
Thank you for your consideration and support to lead the Alliance for Women in Media into the next 60 years.