Frequently Asked Questions
What are the deadlines for entry?
What qualifies for a Gracie?
What do I need to be able to submit an entry?
What are the clip requirements?
The categories seem different this year. What has changed?
What are the prices to enter? Can I get a discount?
I want to pay by check.
I need to edit my entry but I’ve already paid.
Can I enter the same show multiple times in the same category?
What are the deadlines for entering?
Early bird deadline for entries is December 10, 2020, and the regular deadline is January 21, 2021. Entries must be complete, and payment received by January 21, 2021 to be considered for judging. Edits may be made to entries up to the final extended entry deadline. The extended deadline is January 28, 2021.
What qualifies for a Gracie?
– Judges are looking for outstanding programming or individual achievement by, for OR about women in television, radio and digital media. Entries must fall into at least one category but may fall into more than one category.
– The entry must have been originally broadcast, or will be broadcast, between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
– In the Digital Media category, the entry should be originally created for distribution through the internet or digital means. (Note: re-purposed content originally created for television or radio is not eligible as an Digital Media entry.)
- A total of 15 minutes of content per entry.
- The total of 15 minutes per entry can be broken down in
the following ways:
- No less than 2 minutes and no longer than 15 minutes for all clips (not 15 minutes per clip)
- A maximum of 3 clips (or links if linking to an external website) per entry. This can be a continuous clip/link or a combination of clips and links.
- Links MUST BE active for one year. If your link is expired at the time of judging, it will not be judged.
- Acceptable clip files are MP4 and MOV files less than 1.95 GB.
- Acceptable audio files must be an MP3 or M4A file less than 60 MB.
All clip and audio files must be uploaded into the software for judging, or a link provided for access. If supplying a password protected link, make sure you supply the password on the entry form. For questions or trouble uploading, contact headquarters.
What are the entry clip requirements?
The total clip length allowed per entry is 15 minutes, not 15 minutes per clip. This can be a compilation of up to 3 clips or a combined continuous clip. You may also submit a web link to a clip.
If you choose to upload a full episode, time stamps of the preferred 2 to 15-minute portion of the show must be included at the top of the entry description section. If time stamps are not included, judges will choose what portion to watch,
Leaders in television, radio and digital media reviewed all categories and made additions/modifications for the 2021 Gracie Awards. The previous category of interactive media is now digital media, focusing on online distribution of written, audio and video programming.
New Categories for 2021
- Podcast – Sports
- Podcast Producer
- Sports Program
- Broken down into fiction and nonfiction
- Broken down into scripted and unscripted
- Host Morning Drive (Music DJ/Personality) Medium Market
- Host Non-Morning Drive (Music/DJ Personality) Medium Market
- Co-host (Music Personality) Medium
Local radio categories were modified to include medium Music/DJ personality categories, formerly listed small/medium market allowing fair competition among similar size markets.
What are the prices to enter? Are discounts available?
Prices are as follows:
National/Syndicated: $300 Regular Rate, $350 Extended Rate
Local: $240 Regular Rate, $290 Extended Rate
Student: $75 Regular Rate
Discounts are available to select sponsors and Honorary Trustee companies. To receive the lowest rate possible, submit and pay for entries by the early bird deadline of December 10, 2020. Submission fees are non-refundable.
Can payment be made by check?
If the total investment of all Gracie entries submitted exceeds $1,000 as shown in the awards software, an option will be available to print an invoice to send in with a check. Payment must be received by January 28, 2021 for entries to be judged. If the total amount due is less than $1,000, a credit card payment through the awards software is required. Please contact Gracies@allwomeninmedia.org with any questions.
Can edits be made to an entry after payment is made?
Yes, edits can be made to entries until the program is locked for judging after the final entry deadline. To make edits, log into the account created and click the entry requiring edits. For questions, contact Gracies@allwomeninmedia.org.
Can the same show or individual be entered multiple times in the same category?
The categories that apply to a show as a whole (i.e. News Program, Comedy, Public Service Announcement) or to a person (i.e. Producer, Co-Host, On-Air Talent), may be entered only once per individual or show. For example, multiple hosts of the same talk show may be submitted separately as entries under “host,” however each individual person may only be submitted to win the host category once. The categories that apply to a segment of a show/program (hard news feature, soft news feature, interview etc.) may be entered multiple times by the same show with different segments as entries. For questions, please contact Gracies@allwomeninmedia.org.