Gracie Interview Series
The next Gracie Interview Series will feature Deborah Parenti, President and Publisher of Radio Ink, RBR, and TVBR in conversation with Mike McVay, President of McVay Media.
This interview will be available on Tuesday, June 6 at 12pm ET via YouTube. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Deborah Parenti is an accomplished media executive with over 40 years of experience in the industry. Over the years, she has held various station positions from marketing to management in Dayton, Louisville, and Philadelphia. In 2007, Deborah joined Radio Ink as conference coordinator, and in September 2021, Deborah was promoted to President/Publisher of Streamline Publishing’s media division. Deborah serves on the board of several organizations including the Library of American Broadcasting and the Alliance for Women in Media. In 2009, she was inducted into the Dayton Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame and was honored with their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2022. This past April, she was presented the Leadership Award by the Broadcasters Foundation of America.
Mike McVay is President of McVay Media. He is a 40-year programmer with global content consulting, management, ownership, sales, major market programming, and major market on-air experience. Mike has owned and operated radio stations in multiple markets. He understands the business of our business. He has also developed and launched several nationally-syndicated highly successful radio programs. He was most recently the EVP/Content & Programming for Cumulus Media and the Westwood One radio network.
About The Gracie Interview Series
While loved by millions, few knew the real Gracie Allen as she was always in character when in public. The Gracie Interview Series, presented by NCTA – The Internet and Television Association, serves to strip away the persona and share the grit and wisdom of today’s media professionals. The Alliance for Women in Media has interviewed women and men in media across every industry and job function who have blazed trails for those to come.
If you have someone to suggest for a future Gracie Interview Series, we would love to hear from you. Please send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Gracie Interview Series Recordings
Past Gracie Interview Series Guests:
- Jess Morales Rocketto and Stephanie Valencia, Founders of the Latino Media Network
- Beverly Chase, VP, Current Programming & Development and EP & Showrunner, VICE on Showtime
- Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, CEO of A Wonder Media Group, LLC (AURN – American Urban Radio and SupeRadio)
- Paula A. Kerger, President & CEO, PBS
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairwoman of URBAN ONE, Inc.
- Julie Talbott, President, Premiere Networks
- Jessica Cordova Kramer, CEO, Lemonada Media
- Marcia Cruz, VP Content Acquisition Latam, Vrio Corp.
- Susan Larkin, Chief Operating Officer, Entercom
- Jill Frederickson, Senior Vice President, Production & Content Strategy, ESPN
- Dr. Susan R. Bailey, M.D., President of the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Julie Moos, Executive Director, National Press Club Journalism Institute
- Jason Bailey, President, Sun Broadcast Group and AWM Honorary Trustee
- Vicki Lins, President & CEO, CTAM
- Elaina Smith (Nights with Elaina Host)
- Nicole Schuman & Seth Arenstein, PR News Editors
- Annie Howell, Founder & Managing Partner, The Punch Point Group
- Michelle Rice, General Manager, TV One
- Mike McVay, President, McVay Media
- Elizabeth Smart, Author, Founder of the “Elizabeth Smart Foundation” and Children’s Advocate
- Libby Geist, Vice President & Executive Vice President, EPSN Films and Original Content
- Shayna Sharpe, CEO of Regional REps Corp.
- Karen Brodkin, President of Business Affairs and IMG Worldwide
- Lauren McHale, Vice President and Director of Sales, Katz Sports Marketing
- Hannah Storm, Award-Winner Journalist, Producer & Director
- Suzyn Waldman, First Full-Time Female Color Commentator in the Major Leagues
- Mickey Wilson, Chief Marketing Officer at WideOrbit