February 22, 2023 (New York City/Los Angeles) – The Alliance for Women in Media and its Foundation (AWM/F) are pleased to announce the 2023 National Board of Directors and Officers. “The role of the AWM and Foundation boards is to lead our organizations and industry as we recognize, connect and educate women in all facets of media.” stated Becky Brooks, president, AWM/F. “With our mission to advance all women in media, it is as vital as ever to have insightful, diverse leadership. This year’s directors are dedicated to investing their time and resources to guide us and foster growth for AWM and each of our programs.”
- Annie Howell, Chair, Chief Communications Officer, Hallmark Media
- Katina Arnold, Incoming/Vice Chair, Vice President, Communications, ESPN
- Heather Cohen, Immediate Past Chair, Executive Vice President, The Weiss Agency
- Brenda Hetrick, Treasurer, President, Matrix Solutions
- Monica Bloom Treasurer-Elect, VP of Marketing for First Look Media
NEW DIRECTORS SERVING ON THE BOARD
The following leaders will begin serving on the AWM Board of Directors for a two-year term:
- Cori Abraham, SVP, Entertainment Unscripted Development, Crime and Documentary Development, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming
- Jayne Bussman-Wise, Creator Acquisition & Growth, Amazon AMP
- Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, CEO, American Urban Radio Network
SECOND-TERM DIRECTORS SERVING ON THE BOARD
The following leaders will serve a second term on the AWM Board of Directors:
- Kenetta Bailey, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Clear Channel Outdoor
- Marsha Cooke, Vice President & Executive Producer, ESPN Films and 30 for 30
INCUMBENT DIRECTORS REMAINING ON THE BOARD
The following leaders will continue serving on the AWM Board of Directors:
- Catherine Badalamente, President & CEO, Graham Media Group
- Thea Mitchem, Executive Vice President of Programming, iHeartMedia
- Marie Tedesco, Chief Financial Officer, Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
AMM FOUNDATION BOARD
The following leaders will continue serving on the AWM Foundation Board of Directors:
- Tim Clarke, Senior Vice President, Digital Audio Content, Audacy
- Vicki Lins, President and CEO, CTAM
- Mike McVay, President, McVay Media
- Deborah Parenti, Publisher, Radio Ink, RBR, and TVBR
- Josie Thomas, Former Executive VP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, CBS (Retired)
- Christine Travaglini, President, Katz Radio Group
Connect with AWM through our @AllWomenInMedia handle on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and sign up for the FastForward Newsletter for the latest updates and career center opportunities.
About the Alliance for Women in Media (AWM): The Alliance for Women in Media connects, recognizes and educates women across the media industry. AWM is a diverse community that facilitates industry-wide collaboration, education, and innovation. Established in 1951 as American Women in Radio & Television (AWRT), AWM is the longest-established professional association dedicated to advancing women in media. AWM harnesses the promise, passion and power of women in all forms of media to empower career development, engage in thought leadership, and drive positive change for our industry and societal progress.
About the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation (AWMF): In 1960, the Alliance for Women in Media became the first professional broadcasting organization to establish an educational foundation. The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation supports and promotes educational programs, charitable activities and scholarships to benefit the public and media industry. The Foundation also produces nationally acclaimed recognition programs, including the Gracie Awards®, honoring exemplary programming created by, for or about women and individual achievement. The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, educational organization. For the latest news on the Gracies, follow The Gracies on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information about the Gracie Awards and to submit your entries, please visit www.allwomeninmedia.org/gracies.
Awards and Public Relations Manager